URGENT! Hiring for Geographic Information System (GIS) Fellow and Intern position
The Philippine School of Business Administration-Manila is looking for a Geographic Information System (GIS) Fellow and Intern position for its current vacancy in the Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Unit of the Graduate School of Business. This position will develop processes to integrate GIS datasets in any projects of the DRM Unit.
This position requires extensive knowledge and the ability to perform a diverse array of complex GIS-related work. This position requires an employee to be flexible, be able to multitask, think intuitively, implore time management and project management skills, and possess troubleshooting ability.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform complex spatial analysis and database queries; design, create and maintain geodatabase, develop and maintain data layers and spatial data structures using GIS tools and relational databases, and convert data into alternative formats.
- Analyze data to design and prepare a variety of maps, illustrations and other graphic representations that display layers representing spatial data.
- Analyze user requirements and recommend or develop solutions using appropriate GIS software and tools; research developing technologies and software and recommend applicability to the department’s GIS needs; research and provide technical information on GIS data elements; provide feedback to GIS software vendors, consultants or information system staff; assist in data migration and implementation of GIS and other automated mapping systems.
- Use various programming languages to modify existing software in order to increase functionality, automate processes or build analysis tools; write and maintain scripts, debug application flow and design, document and test software modifications; translate geographic and demographic data into formulas for data entry; develop and maintain web pages.
- Manage GIS projects; consult with internal staff and department managers to assess the scope of requests; estimate time and resources needed to complete GIS services; research and evaluate available data and propose a method to be used.
- Provide technical support on GIS software; serve as a technical resource for other staff on difficult GIS databases and application issues; provide training and ongoing education to workgroups using GIS applications and mapping; participate in work and advisory groups to coordinate data use with partners’, linkages and any external agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by GIS Manager.
- Must pass the pre-employment background check
- A driving record that meets the DRM unit requirements towards GIS application management
A Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Planning, Engineering, Business, Computer course or related course of study.
At least two years GIS experience which included designing, creating, maintaining and analyzing geospatial and tabular data; and writing GIS script or applications programming or any combination of experience and training that demonstrate possession of the knowledge, skill, and abilities as listed, and ability to perform the examples of work.
Starting Salary: P 16,000.00 (lump sum for GIS Fellow) and P 14,000.00 (lump sum for GIS Intern)
For those who are interested:
Kindly submit your updated resume with recent picture to email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org